Nashville Software School
Nashville Software School prepares adults with motivation and aptitude for careers in tech. We are committed to creating opportunities to access high-paying careers for individuals who are financially disadvantaged or are from groups under-represented in tech.
We create opportunities to transform the lives of adults and their families through high-income, interesting, and engaging work in technology. Our accelerated, skills-based vocational training opens doors to tech careers for adults with aptitude and motivation. We are focused on providing an alternative pathway to tech careers for those who are financially disadvantaged or underemployed and/or are members of groups that are underrepresented in tech (e.g. women, people of color, veterans).
Nashville, TN 37217
What Four Keywords would best describe your company?
What is your company doing to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion?
What’s the most Nashville thing about your company?
Describe your company's impact on the Nashville tech scene. How are you fostering its growth?
“Nashville posted the 10th largest "brain gain," which CBRE defined as the difference between tech jobs added and tech degrees awarded from a region's universities. Over a five-year span, there were 5,007 more new tech jobs than new tech graduates, who often migrate to other cities following college … Nashville had the largest brain gain among small tech markets”The 1,000 NSS graduates since 2015 have supplied as much as 20% of the missing talent to meet the “brain gain” cited above. In nine years, we have helped over 1600 people start their career in tech with an average starting salary of $60k, that’s equivalent to Nashville’s median household income in 2018. With a graduation rate of 97% and a placement rate near 94% (pre-covid economic impact), we have proven NSS works. We’re ready to do more. Help us grow into the future so we can serve even more Nashvillians.
List any external articles written about your company with links.
- Nashville Software School boosts local tech workforce - 7 December, 2021 by the Nashville Post
- Nashville Software School Collaborates With Amazon For Software Engineering Program - 10 November, 2021 by the Tennessean
- Amazon.Com Inc. Creates New Software Engineering Program With Nashville Software School - 8 November, 2021 by the Nashville Business Journal
- Nashville's Tech Industry Is Growing. These Programs Want To Get More Locals Plugged In - 13 May, 2021 by the Tennessean
- Nashville Tech Jobs By The Numbers: Here's How Much The Industry Is Growing In Middle Tennessee - 13 May, 2021 by the Tennessean
- Tech Jobs Are Pouring Into Nashville. How Many Will Go To Local Workers? 9 May, 2021 by the Tennessean
- Nashville Software School Poised To Help Fill Oracle Jobs - 6 May, 2021 by the Nashville Post
- Why Even The Nashville Software School Was Skeptical About Working Remote - 4 June, 2020 by the Nashville Business Journal
- Nashville Software School Named Best In Business - Small Non-Profit - 5 March, 2020 by the Nashville Business Journal
- Bootcamp Profiles: Nashville Software School - 12 June, 2019 by the Christensen Institute
See Our Jobs
Find your next move.