AB provides diversiﬁed investment management services worldwide to institutional, high-net-worth and retail investors. Investment services encompass equities, ﬁxed income, multi-asset and alternatives. AB also provides independent investment research, trading and brokerage-related services to institutional clients through Bernstein Research Services. We work every day to earn our clients’ trust, create innovative solutions tailored for their unique needs and deliver the performance they expect.
Nashville, TN 37203
Seth P. Bernstein, CEO
Karl Sprules, Head of Global Technology & Operations
What Four Keywords would best describe your company?
What are your core company values?
What is your company doing to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- Last month, AB launched our mandatory Anti-Racism and Active Upstander training—a course developed by our D&I Team to provide a global historical context on the topic of racism.
- In April, AB hosted its third annual global Day of Understanding. Moderated by firm employees, participation topped more than 2,500 colleagues, with expert panelists outlining actionable steps to become an Upstander.
- Last summer, we began evaluating and addressing AB’s supplier diversity. We have since relaunched our global Vendor Management and Supplier Diversity efforts with the creation of required DDQ and vendor management training, inclusive of D&I and Modern Slavery modules.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) continue to serve as strategic business partners. This past year, our ERGs helped create forums that educate and provide a safe space for race-related discussion: BERG - Being Black in Corporate America | AB Asians - Asians Who Lead: The Paradox of the Model Minority | AB Asians - Stop Asian Hate | BERG & Family Matters - How to Talk to your Kids about Race | AB Asians - From Pain to Purpose & Promise: practical solutions to countering implicit bias with positive mentality and sustainable action | Synergy | AB OUT.
- AB proudly hosted its first HBCU Infusion Forum to introduce students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities to careers across asset management and technology.
- Over the past year, we established several new strategic partnerships with: Ascend, 10,000 Black Interns, Urban League, National Society of Black Engineers Music City Professionals, and Wall Street Friends.
- As part of our 10-year-old high school work study program with the Cristo Rey High Schools, we have increased engagement to include a formal curriculum to address skills for professional development, including communicating with purpose and giving and receiving feedback.
- Following the hiring of AB’s first Diverse Talent Development Lead, George Redix, the Career Connection Program was launched. The program provides an opportunity for junior Associates that identify as a member of an underrepresented group to engage in career ownership and exploration within the firm.
- The onboarding process has been improved by integrating cross-functional activities such as our cross-SBU Buddy System that connects new joiners with VPs to help to establish a strong sense of belonging at AB from day one.
- Our exit interview process has been enhanced by conducting live formal interviews with departing diverse employees to detect trends and mitigate attrition.
- In April, AB submitted a detailed overview of our firm’s intentional D&I efforts to the Committee on Financial Services in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- As part of our Corporate Call to Action responsibility, we have disclosed our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) data on our corporate website.
- AB is a proud sponsor of Coqual’s current research effort—a three-report exploration of equity in the workplace, which focuses on the role of talent systems and individual experiences.
- AB’s commitment to serving our most vulnerable citizens is an integral part of our philanthropy strategy. In 2021, we have committed more significant philanthropic dollars to communities of color or diversity-related initiatives.
- As part of this commitment, we have formed new partnerships and strengthened existing partnerships, and hope to build on these relationships in future years as our program grows:
- East Harlem Tutorial Program – New York
- Dress for Success Worldwide – National
- Children’s Wishing Well – Singapore
- Into University – London
- National Museum of African American Music – Nashville
- Conexión Américas / Escalara Program – Nashville
- Nashville Public Education Foundation – Nashville
Describe your workplace vibe.
Where are some common places employees be found after work hours (pre-pandemic)?
What do you like best about your Tennessee office location?
What’s the most Nashville thing about your company?
What are some popular spots for team outings?
What’s the most exciting thing about being part of the Nashville tech industry?
How do you foster creativity, collaboration, and inclusion?
Describe your company's impact on the Nashville tech scene. How are you fostering its growth?
How have you created a modern structure that meets your employees’ diverse work styles?
List any external articles written about your company with links.
- AB's Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion and Corporate Citizenship Janessa Cox-Irvin penned this joint op-ed for Diversity Professional with Dress for Success Worldwide CEO Joi Gordon on the importance of prioritizing women of color through networking, mentorship, and management. https://mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=711960&ver=html5&p=108
- AB’s COO and Head of Bernstein Private Wealth Kate Burke was featured in the Nashville Business Journal as part of “The Boss” Q&A feature, a weekly article highlighting leaders across Nashville’s business community. The Boss: Why Nashville feels like home for AllianceBernstein's Kate Burke https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/05/17/the-boss-why-nashville-feels-like-home-for-burke.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=me&utm_content=na&ana=e_na_me&j=23868559&senddate=2021-05-17
- AB’s Chief Operating Officer Kate Burke and Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion Janessa Cox-Irvin were both highlighted in Oprah Magazine’s feature story, “These Bosses Are Paving the Way for Women in Leadership Positions.” https://www.oprahmag.com/life/work-money/g35566765/dress-for-success-campaign-2021/?slide=2
- AB Leaders Featured in Nasdaq’s Women in Technology Series - Nasdaq’s Women in Technology series featured three AB leaders: Brenda Coulter, Head of Compliance Surveillance and Innovation; Inna Kleynburg, Head of Compliance & Legal Technology; and Indu Venkatasubramanian, Business Analyst and Project Manager. https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/nasdaq-women-in-technology%3A-brenda-coulter-alliancebernstein-2021-01-07 https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/nasdaq-women-in-technology%3A-inna-kleynburg-alliancebernstein-2021-01-14 https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/nasdaq-women-in-technology%3A-indu-venkatasubramanian-alliancebernstein-2021-01-22
See Our Jobs
Find your next move.